Saturday, March 5, 2011

A tree in my living room

I have always wanted to paint a tree somewhere in my house. I am not brave enough to add color to all of my walls, so most of them stay bare. So when my husband came home with a broken projector from work, I knew my tree was not far off!

The projector got fixed, I found the tree I wanted to paint, and went for it!

I started by patching some holes in the wall and then cleaning it. I don't have any pictures of tracing it out, but this tutorial from Just a Girl explains the whole projector process.

So here is the finished product:

What do you think?

I think I am going to add some black detail and maybe a little bird on one of the branches. Not sure just yet! Oh and the hole under the tree is my dog's cubby in the wall...he needed a spot to hide away from my son!

Linking to:
Show and Tell Green




A Marvelous Mess



7 comments:

  1. Wow, I told my hubby, "I LOVE THIS!" and he says, that looks really cool!
    Thank you for shaing this, you did amazing!

    newest follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I too have been wanting to paint a tree on my wall. I've looked into a vinyl decal, but they are just so darn expensive! $90 or more. This would be the perfect solution. I may see if I can borrow someone's projector..

    I think it's adorable that your dog has a cubby hole to hide out. My furry girls would love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I found your blog at the DIY Showoff. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
    Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I'm going to have to check that tutorial out. If you added an owl you would epitomize everything going on in creative blogs nowadays. Maybe a chandelier? :-) Just teasin'. I would love it if you would link this up to my Marvelous Mess party....each party I feature one project on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/03/marvelous-mess-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful! I love it! Thank you so much for stopping by blog and leaving such a sweet compliment! :) I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete